Doggie favorites! Be sure to core your apple before grating. Apple seeds aren’t good for dogs! Use a small cookie cutter for 20-24 biscuits.
OPTION: Use half almond flour and half all-purpose flour, adding 1 1/2 teaspoon of flax seeds.
- 2 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 TBSP brown sugar, optional if your dog doesn’t like sugar
- 1 apple, cored and grated (leave peel on)
- 1/2 cup carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4-1/2 cup water, note: the apples add moisture, so only add extra water if necessary
Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a cookie sheet.
Core and grate apples; peel and grate carrots (I used food processor).
In one bowl, mix the flour, oats, and brown sugar. In separate bowl, beat the egg and mix in the oil, water, and grated apples and carrots. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients bowl and mix completely.
Carefully roll ‘dough’ out and cut out desired shape with a small cookie cutter.
Bake for 40 – 45 minutes, or until apple juices are soaked and biscuits are firm.
After biscuits cool, feel free to share with the pups in your life! Store in air-tight container.
Serving size: makes 20-24 small dog biscuits.